Are you in Canberra next week ? If yes, you should go to the first AR Camp at INSPIRE centre, 7 & 8th June! This camp is hosted by ARstudio, a project in Inspire center dedicated to the application of Augmented Reality to expand concept of learning.
ARcamp is focused on academics, teachers and students peoples but opens to all ! If you are interested in Augmented REality in education, you will be welcome. Of course, WE are interested (you known) but as we are always waiting for a generous donator for a private jet, it will be difficult to go to Camberra for 2 days 🙂
As you can read on ARcamp description, it’s more a « active » workshop series than a Barcamp. But « Each workshop includes a practical aspect of AR and the opportunity to develop ideas for use in your own personal context. The ARcamp provides the chance to focus on AR and introduces new ways of developing ideas through service design and thinking about delivery, engagement and co-design. »
The open program is quite exciting !
- gain a general awareness of the AR environments
- develop practical skills in building AR
- design learning opportunities for your own use
- have access to technology and equipment
- work collaboratively to develop ideas for AR in education
- share ideas and learn from each other
- build a relationship with the ARstudio to further develop ideas
- have fun (feel free to wear fancy dress)
- listen to cool music whilst you work
What are you waiting for ! let’s go !